Thursday, September 19, 2013

Euphoric Epiphany

Euphoric Epiphany

I can feel the chill as the wind blows across my shoulders,
As the hair raises along my arms and perks my spine I,
Close my eyes and take a deep breath,
Spinning in circles towards the sound,
The sound that succumbed to death. 

Inhaling I fill my lungs, I,
Exhale and find that it's not oxygen but the spirit that's filled my body,
A resurgence runs through me, and the soul is free, 
Pain no longer controls the decisions the heart makes,
Walking in grace, I see the vision of that face, as I feel the embrace.

Submerged in love, 
The past is buried,
Your blessings pour down from above,
I vowed to live my life for you, this commitment I marry.

Following in footsteps that graced the Earth,
I walk with purpose, to go beyond the surface,
To sights unseen, shining the way, that lights the day.

Sacrifice made, that paved the way, 
To Share the news of an empty tomb,
Blessed are those who hear and loved are those who fear.

Bowed in your presence, I'm raised as righteous,
Reminiscing in your words I, 
Am called to another time, reminding me that I am yours,
And you are mine.

Beyond a Memory, your body rose,
Blessed am I the one you chose,
Your promises kept, this fact I have come to accept,
As my soul rejoices in truth it wept.

Lives have been saved, Your purpose served ,
Mistakes have been forgiven, 
For my life I owe you everything,
but above all things for this... is Eternity...

The pain you bared, pleading to God to leave you spared,
For me you would suffer, In this life you would even have to die,
But because of your Love and Grace, I will forever be your bride.

~D

No comments:

Post a Comment