Wednesday, February 16, 2011

All Is Fair In Love and Labels

I have dreamed just as most little girls do, of a love that transcends time, a romance that is just as it is in the movies...

I met a man who changed my world, turned it upside down, and I never.... saw him coming. I took a chance, though at the time I didn't realize that, well... how could I when I didn't expect anything..? It was a whirl wind of events I remember it from the very beginning in detail... The most important event that I remember is when he stole my heart. We hear people say that, but when you are not expecting to fall in love the surprise of it really captivates you.

We've spent most of our adult lives together and though it hasn't been quite as expected, it's gone beyond my expectations...

We expect a man to do certain things for the woman in his life, as I'm sure most people do... when you're with someone you call each other boyfriend girlfriend, fiance etc... expect them to do the things you wouldn't expect.. and when these things don't exactly happen according to plan we get excited, anxious and forcing the situation to become hostile.

Looking for a label and the expectations did nothing but take away the time God blessed me with, I wasted these moments because all I could do was scrutinize every little moment and action, because it wasn't the way I wanted it.

He gives me the love and attention that I need, and a label that can't be defined, sometimes its not a defense or an excuse, sometimes it is what it is and you can't change that or make it anymore than what it already is....

.... Love

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment