Friday, June 24, 2011

Beautifully Bold

Today I want to take this time to point something out...

It's something that said everyday in the sense that "this is how you should be" when it comes to being politically correct, but in reality; People need to stop being so wrapped up in what others think of them ... However as I know as most of us do, sometimes that's a lot easier said than done...

A friend of mine who is absolutely in love with makeup, so much that she decided to become a freelance artist for so many reasons, but mainly the beauty in the art of it. I myself am just a fan of painting my face! Well she introduced me to this absolutely amazing woman and the fact that I myself wasn't aware of who she was really made me feel like I had been completely lost in the world of makeup...

When you meet a person with such a sweet and pure heart, they produce a lot of the same people around them, a lot like barers of good fruit; My friend (Zarah) had contacted me one night and asked a favor from me, which of course I had no problem with, and at this moment I was introduced to The Beautiful Kandee Johnson.

Kandee had basically been attacked by accusations against her and her skills and qualifications... Once I heard what was going on, I was infuriated because as a HUMAN BEING and a caring person to hear what she had been told and what she was going through I was truly outraged. I gave her some advice and to this day am so honored that simple little me could be there for not only such a good person but this amazing talent ...

When you become successful, with that comes a lot of things that when you're striving for such success, we don't really get as far as to prepare for the extra or the bad and the ugly so to speak.
This woman is such an amazing talent and for those of you in the makeup world you already know not only who she is but how amazing her talent is.

With this year's IMATS (International Makeup Artist's Trade Show) approaching in Los Angeles, which I am really upset I am not attending...Kandee will be speaking on Sunday so for all of you whom are there CONGRATULATIONS because a woman who Billy B admires will be giving you all some knowledge as you leave IMATS. In case you are not aware of whom Billy B is, well I'm sure if you've watched or seen any spreads of Lady GaGa you might have an inkling as he is the makeup artist who has created her most fierce looks. I know I know, if you know me I am not a fan of hers for my own personal reasons but that doesn't mean I can't admire his absolute amazing work. Anyway, back to my point...

On the eve of IMATS I was wallowing in my self pity because I'm missing such an amazing opportunity, I decided to watch Kandee's youtube tutorials

(which can bee seen here)

I came across this video...



As you can see it's lengthy but it was definitely worth the watch for sure...

As I was watching I started thinking to myself... Not only does she have so much courage but then I thought... It makes me sick that she feels that she needs to make one like this...

People can be so heartless, and cruel... I myself have created a very rough exterior because of a life I've lead and what I've gone through, not to mention some of the people I allowed to be in my life because I used to be so trusting. There was a period in my life where I was well "known" by certain groups and while I thought I had many friends, quickly as things that I had been a part of my whole life had become more popular, so did the people who thought there wasn't enough room for anyone but them, which led to a lot of drama and negativity.

I chose to take the higher road because it was going to be the only way to keep myself sane, and with my temper passion and pride that was NOT easy to do. I started to "go on record" about things said about me and make it known that the people who were against me had nothing better to do than create a life for them self based off of me... What a life right??? I can't even imagine.

I finally realized it didn't matter what I said because those who were already consumed by their own thoughts were lost in them and it was a lost cause. In stead I continued to do what I do, pick myself up and continue to succeed at being me. I learned quickly that by feeding the animals they continue to come back so I decided to let them starve.

Though I would like World Peace, that just isn't a world that we live in, but what we can do is worry about ourselves because at the end of the day we are the only ones we can control.

I would hope that everyone will do them selves a huge favor and get to know Kandee as she is beyond a makeup artist but a gorgeous soul. If you will be at IMATS please stop and listen to her story and techniques you will not be disappointed, I use her tricks every day and try to keep her happy spirit with me through out my day as well.

*D

You can find Kandee at...

http://www.youtube.com/user/kandeejohnson

www.Kandeej.com

Her Personal Blog

Twitter

Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I am beyond honored....my heart is smiling after reading this. I am so proud of your strength.....diamonds are created out of lots of pressure...you are a beautiful diamond!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 the honor has been mine .... I wish you well ... Live your life, its yours and nobody else will steer it but you ....

    ReplyDelete