Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

A tale lived long ago , A dream that was still unknown to me at the time. The Best dreams are the ones that come true without you expecting them.

Music has not only been a passion of mine but the beat is what powers my heart and it syncs with the Melody. Destiny's Child came out with "No No No Pt 1" and I heard simplicity and just this amazing sound, and then followed Pt. 2 which defined the sound that only Destiny's Child can do, and has yet to be duplicated. When "Writings on the Wall" was released, I refused to let anyone touch let alone borrow it.

September came and I remember it like it was yesterday, it was a warm night at the Madera Fair and the only reason I chose to attend that night was because Destiny's Child was playing that night. The ORIGINAL 4 members drove into town and people swarmed the stage area, nobody more excited than I of course. As I walked up I saw an old friend who was there doing operations for the sound and asked if I wanted to meet them........ We all know my answer...
As I walked up to the girls, yes girls because they were only 16-17 at the time, A very young Beautiful Beyonce went to shake my hand and I remember Kelly coming close to me from the right and that was the last thing I remember. As Beyonce went to move forward to me to introduce herself I passed out... I know, I know... TERRIBLE RIGHT! And most people probably think that they went on about their way and some medics came and that was that, the show goes on... Well no, that would be incorrect, because for a medic to come the rescue at the fair you have to practically be bleeding to death so no that was not the case.

I heard voices and a specific voice saying Oh my goodness is she ok, is she alright??! I felt my arms shaking and a couple little slaps to my cheek and as I awoke she was there, and not because I fell literally on top of her feet. As I came to she helped me up and all I did was apologize, I kept looking at my pager (yes pager this was a long time ago) to see what time it was because I just knew I delayed the show; It was about 7:10pm so only 10 minutes late for a 7pm show time. I couldn't believe she was even still there, and not just her but all of the girls. She spoke to me as if I was one of them, talking about show times, wardrobe, mics, how do I sound, I was able to listen to a voice check and before they went on she invited me to pray with them before taking the stage.

People wonder why I am so into her, or obsessed some have said, I get it, its hard for someone to understand, although I do have a fascination with celebrities, I have a reason for every one of them but Beyonce there's a personal admiration for. People can have their opinions and they can hate all they want, the woman has paid her dues and has created not only the most amazing career for herself but the talent she has is beyond what most can even comprehend and there is not a person in this world who will ever be able to deny what she's created and accomplished.
That alone I do not even have to argue because she will ALWAYS speak for herself.

I have been asked if I think she's changed or if she's this or she's that... The way she talked to me 12 years ago and the way she speaks today is exactly the same, her smile is the same and the look in her eyes hasn't changed. I can see a barer of bad fruit within moments of meeting them, not as a judgement but there are just things that a person exudes in character and mannerisms, and so far in life I have not been wrong. At a young age I learned how to read people I can spot a liar a mile away and that woman's spirit is absolutely Beautiful.

When the critics came out with the release of "4" nearing, so many opinions were formed stating that the label was worried and that it was going to be a flop because it wasn't her normal sound... I guess #1 in MULTIPLE COUNTRIES within the first week is a flop... I didn't realize we were speaking in antonyms now.
This album is a new sound, a mixture of old school sounds from the 80's with songs like "Schoolin' Life" "Lay Up Under Me" (on Target's exclusive deluxe edition) songs with a 40's style with songs like "Rather Die Young" and 90's with "Party" "Love On Top" and Bold Ballads that really give you that "live" raw sound that she exudes live and really shows she is not just a Gorgeous face/body, or a dancer this woman proves her voice is her talent and her first love.
She really let down her guard on this album even allowing us to see the love she has for her husband and how she appreciates her marriage, the closest thing to her giving us a tell all interview into their relationship. This has been my favorite album of hers by far.
I have been waiting for something different from someone, and had been listening to a lot lately, it's like she heard my every thought, which is what I hear often from people who listen to her music.

I am excited for what she has to come and will be behind her 100% of the time, too many artists have come and gone, the woman was brought up right and has kept her morals with her on her journey and managed to keep herself classy and in a spot light like there is now I will not be surprised when she is the sole SURVIVOR.

D

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete