Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Legacy To Commit To


I went into this game ready for a win, with the hopes that we were going to ride these emotions not just today but all the way to a Super Bowl win. Through the first two quarters I couldn’t understand where the emotions were, it was as if they had tucked them away and it was business as usual, but then I realized, the sorrow was showing, they mourned and the 2nd half they fought!

Two years ago, I could not fathom the idea of not only keeping Huff, but giving him the contact we did.. He had done nothing to prove he deserved to be here in my eyes… He came out the following year and made sure he at least showed why he wanted to be here…
Through all of the interviews yesterday, each and every person said they didn’t know how, Al made choices and only he knew why, but he was always right…
Huff today proved exactly that today. Even if Huff does nothing else in his career, he was meant to be here today, for this game alone, for that pick alone, for that win to make sure to secure that win.

I was never able to feel an actual Superbowl win, I’ve experienced the presence but never the win… Today I can say I have, though it may not be the game that presents a ring, It gave me something I’ve wanted for so long. I am all about a moral victory, and many of you think that morals isn’t something that would be in the same sentence as the Raiders, but this is where I correct you… Al cared about this team, HIS WHOLE HEART WAS THIS GAME AND THIS TEAM to have seen what we did today would have given him the same feeling I believe, at the very least the faith in knowing we’re going all the way!

Mark Davis will never be his father, but seeing him in his seat and the emotion in his face gave me some hope in the fact that he is motivated to continue to win, continue to be Committed to Excellence.
With the likes of possibly John Madden, and others being considered to help scout and run player operations hopefully (Tim Brown, Fred Biletnikoff) and Mark and Amy working together on the business end, there should be no reason we don’t take Al’s dream and go all the way…

I saw a post from a friend that said… “Everyone said the Raiders wouldn’t do anything as long as Al was alive… If that’s the case you should all be scared now” I could not have said it better myself. The man left his mark, and now we will take that and thrive in it!

I can’t think of anyone who exemplified excellence more than Al and we are more committed than ever to it.

A win is a win, it does not have to be pretty… JUST WIN BABY!

-D

Bleedsilverandblack.com

No comments:

Post a Comment